On Tuesday, July 16 at 7 p.m. the Edinburg Historical Society will have its monthly meeting at the Edinburg Community Center on Military Road. Bruce Brownell will speak on the Brownell Lumber Round House.
Bruce is the owner of Adirondack Alternate Energy designing and engineering passive solar homes that do not use fossil fuel. After earning a degree in Forestry and working in the family lumber business for several years, Bruce decided to build energy efficient solar homes. He is a 1964 Construction Management and Wood Products Engineering graduate.
Brownell Lumber Company was established in 1933 by Victor and Elizabeth Brownell. In the 60s the “Round house” was built and business expanded into the retail supply of lumber and building products. In 1970 Victor and Elizabeth sold the company to their three sons, Bruce, Ronald and Bradley.
28th ANNUAL HISTORIC EDINBURG DAY FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, JULY 13 – 10 AM TO 3 PM
11 NORTH SHORE ROAD, EDINBURG, NY
THE HISTORIC EDINBURG DAY FESTIVAL will be held on July 13, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The town will be bustling with locals and visitors experiencing local history. Edinburg four corners is just up the hill from one of the longest steel bridge spans in upstate NY – take a walk and enjoy the beautiful view. The Edinburg United Methodist Church, the Volunteer Fire Company, the Sacandaga Seniors, the Edinburg Historical Society join together to make this a community Festival.
There will be horse and wagon rides by J & D Percheron, face painting by Jessie Vonberg, car show, Chinese auction, sugar maple products, white elephant sale, canine demonstration by Saratoga County, Boy Scout demonstrations and craft vendors. Hot dogs, soup, bake beans, macaroni and potato salad and a bake sale with pies, cakes, cookies, brownies and more. The Hagaman Safe House Trailer will be at the Fire House and will teach you what to do in a fire or tornado.
Visit the Edinburg Historical Museum of Rural Life, the Nellie Tyrrell Museum of Edinburg History, and a short walk brings you to the 35 foot-long Copeland Covered Bridge built in 1879, the only Queen post truss bridge in NYS and the only covered bridge in Saratoga County.