Meetings are free & held at the
Edinburg Community Center
47 Military Road @ 7:00 p.m
the third Tuesday of the month March through November.
Our presenters for 2013 were:
- March 19, 2013: Annual welcome and organizational meeting. All welcome. No speaker. Note: Meeting was cancelled due to bad weather.
- April 16, 2013: Bob Monacchio, one of the regions best sources on all things about the Batchellerville Bridge, will deconstruct this massive construction process using his vast knowledge and wide array of photographic material
- May 21, 2013: Dorothy Edwards will present on the evolution of maple farming.
- June 18, 2013: Come hear Edinburg’s future historians — featuring Edinburg 4th grade students and their teacher. The Nellie Tyrrell Award will be presented at this meeting to the 4th grade student showing the most interest in the study of history.
- July 16, 2013: “House Stories” — a presentation by members of the EHS on the stories of their own homes.
- August 20, 2013: Wayne Seelow and Todd Brownell with give us a “full-size” view of Edinburg’s Big Pumpkins.
- September 17, 2013: Steven Englehart from the Adirondack Architectural Heritage will present a new idea called the “100 Mile House.” Maybe the “greenest” is not the newest home. This meeting is also the annual business meeting with election of officers.
- October 15, 2013: Corinth Town Historian Rachel Clothier will talk about the 1913 flood and its effect on the local region, including the creation of the Great Sacandaga Lake Reservoir.
- November 19, 2013: Last meeting of the year. Please join us for Pies and Reminiscences.