Meetings are free & held at the
Edinburg Community Center
47 Military Road @ 7:00 p.m
the third Tuesday of the month March through November.
Our speakers for 2012:
- March 20, 2012: Annual welcome and organizational meeting. All welcome. No speaker.
- April 17, 2012: John Ferguson, an expert on the Valley and an exceptional speaker, will talk on Sacandaga Valley Life.
- May 15, 2012: Wayne Seelow, Chief of the Edinburg Volunteer Fire Company, will speak on the volunteer firefighters and their history in Edinburg.
- June 19, 2012: Come hear Edinburg’s future historians — featuring Edinburg 4th grade students and their teacher. The Nellie Tyrrell Award will be presented at this meeting to the 4th grade student showing the most interest in the study of history.
- Annette Neilsen, author of Northern Bounty, a new cook book published using recipes submitted to Adirondack Life Magazine using local ingredients, will give us all a delicious look at some fun foods.
- July 17, 2012: “House Stories” — a presentation by members of the EHS on the stories of their own homes.
- August 21, 2012: Gary and Ann Larsen, local artists, will share some of their beautiful work.
- September 18, 2012: Denise Ferguson will speak on the Beagle Club in Edinburg. This meeting is also the annual business meeting with election of officers.
- October 16, 2012: Saratoga County Historian (and local resident) Lauren Roberts will speak on an exciting new find for the County. Note: This presentation will be at the Sinclair Mansion and starts early at 6pm with a tea and tour.
- November 20, 2012: Last meeting of the year. Please join us for Pies and Reminiscences.