Meetings are free & held at the
Edinburg Community Center
47 Military Road @ 7:00 p.m.
Our 2011 speakers:
- March 15, 2011: Annual welcome and organizational meeting. All welcome. No speaker.
- April 19, 2011: Regular meeting and program relating the early days of logging in the Adirondacks with speaker
Dick Nasson, retiree of the Finch-Pruyn Paper Co.
- May 17, 2011: Regular meeting and George Hodges of the DOT speaking on the current status of Batchellerville Bridge construction.
- June 21, 2011: Regular meeting and Edinburg’s future historians – featuring 4th grade students and their teacher. The Nellie Tyrrell Award to be presented at this meeting to the 4th grade student showing the most interest in and study of history.
- July 19, 2011: Regular meeting and Speaker Roy Pearsall will share his reminiscences of our local history.
- August 16, 2011: Regular meeting and Author Caperton Tissot discusses her new book “Adirondack Ice: A Cultural and Natural History.” There will be a slide show and book signing.
- September 20, 2011: Annual business meeting with election of officers and a program on the Beagle Club with Denise Ferguson and Connie Dodge.
- October 18, 2011: Regular meeting and Priscilla Edwards, Town Historian, together with Northville Historian, Gail Cramer present a program on local history and the Sinclair Mansion.
- November 15, 2011: Last meeting of the year. Please join us for Pies and Reminiscences.